YouRock aims to equip young people with the right language to present their hidden or latent skills to employers through an online platform that enables them to create and share professional profiles. Profiles are visualised in the shape of a diamond and can be exported in a way in which the strengths of each individual are highlighted as the largest segments, according to six skill groups: creative, communication, organisational, leadership, analytical and technical ones.
Best Employability Project, Unite IT (2015). Digital Inclusion Awards (Youth Employability category), Telecentre-Europe (2015). Finalist of the prize of the European Commission of Social Innovation (2014).
- More than 11,000 users have identified their skills and enhanced their curriculum using YouRock.
- Approximately 50% have an organisational skill type, followed by analytical (16%), communications (14%), technical (12%), leadership (4%) and creative profiles (4%).
Young people register on the site, which is available in 18 different languages, using an email address or a Facebook account. The system helps them create a profile step-by-step:
- Identifying unrecognized, pre-existing business and work skills from a variety of volunteer work, extracurricular activities and hobbies that are translated into particular skills.
- Endorsing each skill by a trusted adult. Users can receive validations from employers, friends, and educators.
- Creating links to online content showing each skill. As a result, the platform generates a CV that collects each individual’s academic history and highlights his or her strengths.
- Additionally, users can offer themselves on the platform as job seekers, so that employers can view their profile and directly connect with them without registering.